On Sunday, December 2nd at 1 pm, The TEAM Productions and the Salem Athletic Department will show “I’M A BUCKEYE: THE EARLE BRUCE STORY” at the Salem High School Auditorium. Cost to view the film is $5 and doors will open at 12:30 pm. The TEAM Productions will be on site to sell DVD’s and posters. All ticket sales will be donated back to Salem Athletic Department. For more on the film, please read below:
ABOUT “IM A BUCKEYE!” THE EARLE BRUCE STORY
“I’M A BUCKEYE!” THE EARLE BRUCE STORY is the dynamic story of triumph, tragedy, toughness, heart and redemption that documents the incredible life of the legendary Hall of Fame Head Coach. Featuring:
- More than 80 interviews including Urban Meyer, Kirk Herbstriet, Chris Speilman, Keith Byars, Mike Tomczak, John Wooldridge, Jim Lachey, George Cooper and many other Buckeye greats.
- Salem area residents interviewed for the film include Frank Copacia, Larry DeJane, Fred Phillis, Moe Meissner and Henry Maxim – which all played for Coach Bruce while was coaching at Salem High School.
- Salem resident Bob Sebo is an Executive Producer on the film about Coach Bruce.
- An incredible soundtrack that represents all musical styles that were popular throughout his life. From Big Band Swing, to Early Rock and Roll, Soul, Jazz, R+B, Country and Classic Rock, the score is produced and performed by national artists that hail from Columbus, Ohio! And of course there is lots of outstanding music from TBDBITL.
- The first and only interview about the week Coach Bruce was fired with Earle and his AD Rick Bay (who resigned in protest) together.
- The impact Coach Bruce had on so many throughout his career as a Head Football Coach at the high school and college levels. He was the epitome of the tough coach of his era, but his players loved him.
- Amazing footage of the day Earle Bruce “dotted the I” at Ohio Stadium in the presence of more than 105,000 Buckeye fans shouting their support and showing their love.
- “This film represents Earle’s mission and vision while recovering from his stroke” commented Producer and Director Dave Whinham, “At a time when most people in that position, at that age, would slow down, Earle Bruce made a movie. Earle Bruce dotted the I.”
And, of course, the film is loaded with the sights and sounds of football action dating back to the 40’s through today.
ABOUT THE TEAM PRODUCTIONS
The TEAM Productions provides the world of sports and entertainment with the highest quality services within the realms of media production, placement and distribution, consultation and management services, business brokerage services, and live events production and promotion. For more information visit TheTeamllc.com
“I’M A BUCKEYE!” THE EARLE BRUCE STORY is produced and directed by Dave Whinham of The TEAM Productions and follows their multi-award-winning OSU film HANG ON SLOOPY: THE MOVIE released in 2015.